Friday, November 7, 2008

Willing to go...

My heart says of you "Seek His face!" Your face, Lord, will I seek. Psalm 27:8

This is the first blog post I've done in a while. I took some time off to focus more on doing and living instead of just talking. I had let this become something that came between me and God and to some extent i was no longer truly sharing for the benefit of others and found myself searching for things of interest for people to read as in something funny. And so I return to the reasons I started this blog.

To share my life with you that you might be encouraged.

Over the past year God has opened my eyes to begin to see Him work in ways I would never have imagined. From hearing stories from friends travelling from Ghana to Bulgaria to now even Tibet, and taking part in my first mission trip, God has been speaking to me. Michigan unveiled my eyes to see so much more of what God can do through willing hearts. Acts 29 continues to amaze me at the ways they are impacting Hamtramck, just outside Detroit.

Through those experiences I feel that God is creating in me a heart that is open to His call anywhere. When I first decided to change majors in the summer after my freshman year, I knew in my heart that I wanted to give myself to God, and to ministry. What defines ministry has changed for me over the past year. No longer do I look at it in the confines of being a preacher, or a pastor, but ministry can be so many more things.

The one thing I never thought i would be I am becoming. I feel God is leading me to missions work. Even overseas.

At present, I feel led to Tunisia, a country that is spiritually dry. 99% Muslim. There i would be taking part in a prayer journey through the country. The logistics I am trusting in God for. The $2500 I am at present not concerned about. As with Michigan, God can provide everything I need when I need it.

What concerns me and has been the subject of many prayers is my family understanding.

My parents do not have as much faith in God as I do. Nor do they understand that even though there is a need here, God is guiding me to think globally. My love for God comes into conflict with my love for my parents. Jesus said that He would divide families. While I know this inevitably happens, I can't accept that in choosing this life, I will have to go against my parents wishes.

All I can do is call on God, as I did for Michigan. Because I cannot do this without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment