Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finally have my bearing...and peace

I've been really distracted lately. Distracted to the point that, it was hard for me to focus on much of anything else. Some of you I told why, others I was probably too distracted to tell you.

Been distracted, stressed, and just plain restless trying to figure out some of the mission trip opportunities God had layed in front of me.

After many prayers, some wrestling with my spirit, I feel that this upcoming trip to Tunisia is not the right time for me. This feeling isn't just from my parents not being ready for me to take such a step, but also I see where God can use me in other areas meanwhile.

I came to this understanding last night. I prayed non stop through the previous few days. The reason for so much indecision was because I do feel that God has layed the Muslim people on my heart and Tunisia. However, as Anna Booth put into words a truth I began to understand last night "A servant must be content to serve wherever he/she is called."

Instead of Tunisia, I will be going on the inner city mission trip over spring break to Philadelphia. I also am looking strongly at returning to Dearborn in May, along with Glen Titus and Jessica Martin from NC.


Now that that is settled, I can refocus on continuing to pursue God's love, and to show it.

Father, thank you, thank you, thank you for peace that is in fact beyond all understanding. You are indeed the beautiful one I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment