Friday, December 31, 2010

A year ago...

A year ago I was just beginning to learn to play the ukulele. I didn't know any chords by name, or how to tune the instrument but I was moving forward anyway.

A year ago I was still in working on my undergrad at East Carolina. I hadn't even yet declared to be a double major in Religious Studies (I was just pursuing a minor).

A year ago I hadn't traveled to Panama City Beach Fla, during spring break no less, to meet the needs of college students.

A year ago I hadn't traveled to Michigan and learned some things regarding the art of conversation and storytelling.

A year ago I hadn't personally witnessed the Pirates of ECU beat NC State in football.

A year ago I hadn't seen a Duke Men's Basketball game in Cameron.

I hadn't broken a 100 in bowling, been to a real concert, learned the joy of playing ultimate frisbee, seen a glorious sunrise over the waters of the Atlantic while camping out on the beach.

2010 had many ups, had its down, but in a few hours will exist only in pictures, videos, memories, etc. Here's to 2011 and all that God has in store.

1 comment: