Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where I am going

Lately I've been distracted and anxious by looking ahead to where my life is headed beyond college. I often get the question of "What are you doing after you graduate?"

Truthfully I haven't the faintest of clues. It truly is up to God. I pray that at this point in my life I'm willing to go where ever He may send.

But over the past week, I've come to realize two things I believe God is calling me to in my life:

1) Making Disciples. I've come to realize that my most important ministry at East Carolina is that of making disciples of other men here. I've found myself possessing the confidence to teach, and the wisdom to rely on God in sharing my life and His gospel with others. Within this past year alone, I've seen so much fruit come from following God as He goes before me in this area.

2) I am called to intercede on behalf of others in prayer. This is again another gift and direction 3 years ago I never would have imagined for my life. I would have said you are out of your mind had you told me God would use me in that way. But everywhere I turn in scripture I see other examples of intercession from Abraham to the guards Nehemiah posted who kept watch day and night.

And so I find myself awake at 1:30AM unable to sleep because I sense God calling me to intercede for those men and others i know on campus in whom He is moving. This late at night I often feel God nudging me the most. Maybe because I lay aside worries and thoughts of everything else and my heart is free until my body drifts into sleep.

"Yes Father I will keep watch with you a while longer before I sleep"

No comments:

Post a Comment