Monday, August 30, 2010

Back in session

School is back in session, and I couldn't be more excited. My class time looks something like this, a second attempt at grasping ancient greek, reading through the Iliad, debating the omnipotence of God in Philosophy, discussing the mindset of Paul in the first century, and learning about resumes. I'm so thankful for the religious studies program here at ECU coupled with the opportunities!

But this is also my last semester at East Carolina. In a few weeks I'm passing on the torch on several of my responsibilities within CCF. I'm seeking to make the most of the friendships I have, and to pass on what I can to those God has placed in my life. I'm letting God use me in several contexts still, but seeking to act when he says to act, and leave the rest to him. For example, I'm coordinating some prayer gatherings among students from the different ministries still, and seeking to delegate what I can of that to others.

I also believe I know where I need to go after December! I'll share more on this in the coming weeks. Right now I want to seek confirmation. The rest is essentially free fall and how much I trust God. I'm scared, excited, nervous, anxious, and many other things.

Thankfully i have guys that stop me, and remind me to breathe.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man thanks for sharing. Part of me thinks it's sad we're all graduating and moving on, but that's not how God sees it. I should be excited about what's next... it's hard when we don't know what's coming, isn't it? Or at least, it seems that way. Hope whatever it is you're aiming for, that it works out... but in any case I know that God's plan is sometimes different from ours and always surprising.

    ReplyDelete