Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Unless you be born of water...

Monday night I think it was, why chillin with the guys in the room back in the dorm, we were up talking usually guy stuff, and Paco was up to his tricks (see next post). In the middle of that, I got a prompting in my mind to ask the guys if they had been baptized. Jeff Jones (from Beargrass) it turns out hadn’t. He’d been thinking about it lately however and wanted to. So I asked him. We could baptize you this week if you want. We’ve got a pool and a river.

So on Tuesday I sat down with him, and went over scripture, showing him what it means to be baptized and hearing his testimony about coming to know Christ. Glen Crocker then met with him on Thursday to also gauge where Jeff was on this, and if he was genuine. Jeff was ready, and so Thursday evening after calling his parents, I baptized him in the pool about 10:30 at night.

Oh for that inexpressible joy! All throughout the week, I spent praying for God to work on hearts and to transform lives. And in a flood, he answered Thursday night when Jeff got baptized and others came forward for prayer that broke my heart and brought me to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment