Monday, July 19, 2010

Doing better

In the past week I've been doing much better since my previous post. Here's a few highlights

Justin and Abbie's Wedding
I was privileged to serve as a groomsmen for Justin's wedding this past Saturday. It was beautiful with the Hawaiian traditions, the leis, etc. Friday night we had the rehearsal dinner, and it was a joyful occasion to spend time with Justin and Abbie along with some CCF friends who served as bridesmaids and groomsmen.

My Birthday
Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon, I hung out with two friends I met at camp last year. Both are like sisters to me. It was great to see what God is doing in their lives, and how He is giving them both a heart to serve others and to share His Gospel abroad.

Worship
Sunday morning we were singing "Crown Him With Many Crowns." Its an older hymn with some interesting history to it. As we sung it, my heart began to agree with the praises over and over again, and I simply began to stand in awe of the sovereignty of God. Tonight I was tempted to return to some things I've been struggling with, but I turned instead to God, and my heart couldn't help but to sing the hymn again. I've since found chords for it, and have chosen to make it the first praise song I learn on the ukulele.

No comments:

Post a Comment