Thursday, July 1, 2010

So many questions

Today on July 1st marks the first day in a month I have long been planning as a Sabbatical of sorts. I've never done a Sabbatical, and I'm also not the legalistic type (except when necessary).

My purpose for this Sabbatical has evolved over the past few months. When I first began to plan, I did so with the intention of finding out what God has in store for me after graduation. I feel in my heart He has called me to be specifically set aside to make disciples for His kingdom. Sorry if that's vague, that calling still is to me too!

What I've realized since May however is that I may very well wrap up this time having not received the answer to the questions of who/what/where/when/and why after December when I graduate. Knowing this, I'm seeking a month now to reflect on my journey the past 4 years since I began to pursue God. I want to gain a heightened sensitivity to the Spirit and be ready and clear minded for the next season in my life.

I've come to understand that there may be many doors as there are now, each great options, and that there won't be one right choice.

How I'm setting about all this.

For the month, I'm giving up video games and sleeping in late. I want to get in about an hour-2 hours of time in the Word, in prayer, and meditating. That is subject to change depending on the day, but I plan to steal a solid hour where ever, whenever. I'm also going to be asking questions, by the hundreds, not only to God and myself, but to others who have gone before me. I plan on making a couple of day trips here and there to spend time asking these questions, but I'm planning to stay within the NC borders for the month.

Expect blog updates, and some posts with what I'm being challenged by. Side note, I'm working to write shorter blog posts to be more accessible to people with time constraints. Sorry this one wasn't the case lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment