Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer Update

As my home church continues to look for a pastor, I've been filling on for our 3 weekly services. I'm still reluctant to say that I am preaching, partly out of humbleness. My grandpas health (see related post) kept me distracted and busy this past week so that going in, several of the messages I brought had barely begun to cook. God took over this past sunday night though, and provided insights, I had yet to come to.

Reminds me I need more of Him and less of me.

The past few days, I've also been helping dad on the farm, and suprisingly I havn't forgotten how to drive several of the tractors, as far as shifting them, etc. Its been good hard work, and a chance to test myself.

But this past week, I havn't had much time for God. Nor to study His word, nor for prayer. Distractions continue to pull me away, and joy from coming to Him, has started slipping away.

I'm going to see if I can start claiming some hours here and there for that purpose. I need a get away rendevouz

No comments:

Post a Comment